There are scores of places to stay within a few miles of camp. These few were most highly recommended by camp parents:
Hampton Inn & Suites
99 Main Street Route 28, West Yarmouth
225 Main St. (Rte 28), West Yarmouth
Cape Cod Irish Village
822 Route 28, South Yarmouth
Captain Farris House
308 Old Main Street, South Yarmouth
Aiden by Best Western
476 Rt 28, West Yarmouth
Cove At Yarmouth
183 Route 28, West Yarmouth
Inn at Cape Cod
4 Summer Street, Yarmouth Port
Village Inn of Cape Cod
92 Route 6A, Yarmouth Port
Yarmouth Chamber of Commerce
Hospitality Hotline: (508) 778-1010
The following are a few of our favorite places to eat, shop and have fun around camp. Cape Cod is packed with great stores and restaurants, and this list only includes places within a few miles of Wingate Kirkland. We hope you’ll have the chance to do some more exploring on your own.
Captain Frosty’s Fish & Chips
Great fried fish and softserve!
219 Route 6A, Dennis
175 Route 28, West Yarmouth
1408 Main St, East Dennis
Inaho Japanese Restaurant
157 Main St, Yarmouth Port
Jack’s Outback II Restaurant
Down home cookin’ – Breakfast/Lunch only
161 Main St, Yarmouth Port
Old Yarmouth Inn
Classic fireside dining
223 Route 6A, Yarmouth Port
Popular with our staff
952 Route 28, South Yarmouth
Casual Pizza Pies & Slices
461 Station Avenue, South Yarmouth
Excellent sandwiches and soups
766 Route 6A, Dennis
- Scargo Stoneware on 6A: at Dr. Lords Road has the very best pottery, tiles, lamps, birdfeeders and other wonders. Don’t miss this.
- Pirate’s Cove Miniature Golf: has the best mini-golf in the area. It?s on Rte 28, about 3.5 miles from camp.
- Thunder Falls Miniature Golf & Steve and Sue’s soft serve ice cream is located on Rte 28 in Yarmouth.
- The Cape Cod Mall: Go left out of camp road. At .1 mile, go left on West Yarmouth Road at stop sign. Go 2.3 miles and take a right at the traffic light on Buck Island Road. Take Buck Island until it ends and take a left on Camp Street. Take this until it ends at Route 28. Go right on 28 and continue straight until you come to a rotary by the airport. Go around the rotary onto Route 132 and the Mall will be on the left.
- Cape Cod Directory: Links to over 3000 businesses and organizations, from Accounting to Zoos. This directory is fast, user friendly, and easy to navigate.
- Cape Cod Online: Includes guides to Cape Cod beaches, entertainment options, biking and hiking trails, restaurants and things to do all over Cape Cod.
- Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce: Marketing and information services, including vacation planning.
- CapeCod.com: Cape Cod history, bookstore, lodging directory, restaurant reviews, business directory and community forums.