Camp Wingate*Kirkland Site Manager Job Description
The Site Manager is responsible for the appearance and functioning of the camp physical plant. This includes general maintenance as well as capital improvements. The Site Manager should have a general knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electric, septic repairs, overall maintenance and landscaping. They should be personable as the site manager will manage vendors, and occasionally greet visitors and conduct tours of the camp.
- Oversee and maintain all buildings and grounds according to an annual work plan and schedule.
- Make recommendations for repairs and maintenance.
- See that all major equipment and vehicles are maintained and housed appropriately.
- Ensure fire protection and security services are up to date and in working order.
- Perform landscaping including tree and bush trimming and pruning, maintenance of flower beds, spring and fall preparation of grass playing fields, and regular cutting of them; maintenance of Camp roads.
- Seasonally prepare camp for winter shut down mode and reversing the process in the spring to ready camp for operation.
- Maintain and make improvements to the interiors and exteriors of the Camp buildings. This includes repairing and/or updating bathrooms installing new showers, toilets and sinks, painting, etc.
- Help with off-season groups as needed including cleaning bunks.
- During the summer, occasionally driving trailers of canoes to designated sites on Cape Cod. Other miscellaneous trips as needed during the 8-week camp period.
- Regularly check every section of the property for damage and risk management.
- Keep maintenance building orderly, clean and stocked with necessary supplies to perform jobs and make emergency repairs.
- Hire occasional helpers or specialist (e.g. electrician) for projects or ongoing maintenance.
A well-suited candidate would have proven management experience and a technical background or construction/trade experience. Such a candidate must have the following traits:
- Strong moral character, positive attitude and desire to serve others
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Proven management skills
- Experience creating and implementing new systems in an organization
- Willingness to work weekends and have a flexible schedule that varies by season of the year
- Self-starter/takes initiative
- Pleasant personality to interface with campers, staff and guests
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience with building/property management
- Skill in maintenance or mechanical trades such as engine repair, carpentry, HVAC, plumbing, electric, or fiberglass repair
Interested individuals must send a resume with a cover letter that includes desired salary by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org