COVID-19 Information for Summer 2022
When families choose Camp Wingate*Kirkland, they are counting on us to provide an experience that takes responsibility for everyone’s emotional and physical safety. As such, all eligible campers and staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to attend Camp.
Below are our current protocols for the Summer of 2022. We will continue to monitor and follow guidelines laid out by the CDC, State of Massachusetts, Town of Yarmouth and American Camp Association and make updates as necessary.
Summer 2022 Information
We are fortunate to have strong ties throughout the camp and local community providing information and support.
- Camp Wingate*Kirkland is a member of the American Camp Association (ACA). Since March of 2020, the ACA has continually developed and provided COVID resources specifically for camps.
- In the spring of 2020, ACA partnered with the health consultancy firm Environmental Health and Engineering (EH&E) to develop the “Field Guide for Camps on Implementation of CDC Guidance”. The Field Guide contains extensive and detailed recommendations on all aspects of camp and they continue to release updates as information and regulations evolve.
- Camp Wingate*Kirkland has an outstanding relationship with Town of Yarmouth and Mass. Department of Public Health and have been working closely with them since last March. We will continue to collaborate, share information and review plans with town and state officials so that we follow all local guidelines and keep the W*K community safe.
We have been reviewing and updating our policies and procedures to ensure a healthy Summer 2022. We will continue to monitor and revise our plans as we receive new guidance.
Some of the plans we’re making include:
- Onsite testing – We have various forms of testing available at Camp for Summer 2022 to provide fast and reliable results.
- Vaccinations – All eligible campers and staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Screening – Staff will be screened by W*K’s health care team upon arrival. Staff training will function as a quarantine period, during which staff health will be monitored. Campers must take a PCR test no more than 72 hours before arrival and submit negative results. Campers must also take a rapid test the day of arrival and submit negative results. We will share updates as guidance dictates.
- Program modifications – All activities will be continually assessed and amended as necessary.
- Trip modifications – Out of camp trips will be assessed and amended as necessary.
- Cleaning – We have a stockpile of supplies and protocols are in place to ensure common high-touch areas/surfaces are cleaned and disinfected regularly.
- Hygiene – Campers and staff will be instructed in proper hand-washing techniques and required to wash their hands regularly. Liquid hand sanitizer dispensers are also available across Camp.
- Food service –The Dining Hall setup will mitigate contact between groups and minimize overall numbers. We will space tables out, utilize outdoor seating, open windows and doors and operate ceiling fans for air flow. Additionally, we are excited to continue to offer expanded outdoor seating!
- Staff training – Summer 2022 will contain new staff training sessions about COVID-19, in terms of policy and procedures designed to keep everyone safe, and the additional impact the pandemic has had on children and staff emotional wellbeing.
At Camp Wingate*Kirkland we value every relationship with parents as a partnership – working together with the common goal of helping your child be the best version of themselves – teaching life skills, sharing new experiences and creating friendships. As we look forward to summer 2022, there is a higher level of expectation as we continue to keep one another healthy. As partners, we agree:
- To continue to exercise caution outside of the Camp W*K site, avoiding unnecessary exposure to COVID-19 and potential harm to the group.
- We expect open and honest communication from you, the parents/guardians, if your child is ill or if anyone in your family should come in to contact with someone who has contracted the virus. You can expect the same from us.
- We will work tirelessly every day to keep W*K clean and sanitized, while also teaching your children routines and good hygiene habits while they are at Camp.
Our goal remains the same as always: to create a safe and memorable experience, while staying true to W*K’s values. Here are some of the steps we are taking towards a successful and healthy summer 2022 at Camp Wingate*Kirkland:
Gathering The Best Information
Listening To Experts
Top-Notch Medical Staff
Dedication To Sanitation
Additionally for overnight campers, families must submit the results of a rapid antigen test before being allowed on Camp transportation or to move into a bunk on Opening Day, June 29, 2022. Testing will continue throughout the summer as necessary.
Quick Response Protocol
We will keep you informed as we obtain more specific guidance and regulations from the Massachusetts Department of Health.